Saturday, February 13, 2016

Daddy Daughter Dance

Tonight Ben took the girls to a Daddy Daughter Dance at their Options program.

I ended up going over at 2 to help set up. I was supposed to be done by 4, but they didn't have nearly enough help so I ended up staying until after 8. It's a good thing I did- there were only three of us for all of the food prep, so we were all running around the whole time.

Do you notice the chocolate strewn everywhere? I had a pretty bad mishap with the chocolate fountain. Thankfully, it was a bunch of men instead of women. Whereas women would have been all judgmental and worried about the mess, the men were all like, "This is awesome! What a great decoration!"

While decorating, I had visions/nightmares from homecoming 1996. Remember that, Danielle?


When Ben and I first started dating, I invited him to go to prom with me. I know that sounds weird, but I was teaching high school at the same high school that Ben graduated from (he likes to tell people that I was his teacher. That is false. We graduated high school the same year). Anyway, Ben never went to his high school prom, so I thought it would be cute if he came with me and got to finally go to prom. But, he turned me down. Something about graduating from college Magna Cum Laude and having an awards ceremony or something lame like that, so I went with somebody else. Anyway, I think Ben was glad to have an excuse not to go. He doesn't seem to like big dances like this, and he was nervous to take the girls.

Well, they ended up having a fantastic time. The girls were so incredibly excited to go with him- they LOVED it. The girls sure are lucky to have such an awesome dad!




1 comment: