Monday, February 1, 2016

No Sugar Challenge!

For the month of January, my mom, sisters, and I did a month of no-sugar.

Well, a modified month of no sugar. I still ate fruit, bread, and sauces with sugar- just basically I ate no sweets or sugary cereal.

In December I ate a bit too much sugar:) I wanted to enjoy Christmas and the Christmas treats. So I did. And I gained a couple of pounds. which is no big deal, but I wanted to get back on track in January so we did this no-sugar challenge

I actually thought it was much easier to turn down sweets than I thought it would be. Once I made the decision to not eat them, I didn't have to debate every time I saw a treat. The answer was always no. Easy. It was a little trickier with small bites of sweets here and there- because with the small things I would just forget and I would have to keep reminding myself not to take a small bite of brownie or something. Not hard once I remembered, just hard remembering.

Today I went in for my weigh in at Weight Watchers. I only lost .4 lbs. Again, not a big deal, but I was hoping to lose those 2 pounds from Christmas. Oh, well. By not eating sweets, I may have made up for it by eating lots of bread-haha! Maybe this month I need to go for no carbs. That sounds WAY more difficult than sugar, however.

Anyway, either way it was nice to have a break from sweets. I know I need to cut down in general- that's something I need to work on. It's nice to take January off from sugar- I think it's something I'll do each January.

No comments: