Tonight I took Audra and Claire to Spy School at our library. It was awesome! They had seven different stations for the kids to go through- code breaking, an obstacle course (their favorite), forensics, and much more. It was pretty incredible. They did it after the library was closed. About 200 kids went. Considering our community refuses to support our library and never passes bonds to pay for them, it is pretty amazing what they are able to provide.
Agent Clumsy Dragon and Agent Independent Puffin had a wonderful time!
2 comments:
Why am I not surprised your libraries aren't funded well??? I suppose they feel it should be privately supported through a non profit and membership and not a public service. :)
Yup- after all, why should the big, bad government be allowed to do anything and take over what should be private institutions? Oh man, it's annoying living here sometimes! Way too ultra-conservative for me, but then again-it's has some pros once in awhile. Like this program;)
Post a Comment