It has been a busy couple of weeks. After my family left (which was a sad day), I had 24 hours to prepare for a week long road trip. It was a very busy Monday, but we made it!
We had the wonderful opportunity to take the girls to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We have never done that before, but I am so glad we took them.
My favorite picture of the day:
As we were going through the Visitor's Center, I was struck by how blessed we are. I was really overwhelmed with gratitude for my testimony of my Savior, and for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Recently a dear friend of mine left the church. She has her reasons, and of course I respect those reasons. But as we walked through and I was reminded of all the blessings that I have received because of The Church (and in this instance I am referring to the Mormon church, not just religion in general), my heart simply burst with joy. I love this church! I love that I can teach my kids about Christ, and about living a good life, and to have a support system via the church that helps me lead my children in righteousness. What would I not love about teaching my kids to love and serve others, to not use drugs and alcohol, to study and learn and become the best we can be in this life? Living the standards of the church brings nothing but peace and happiness- what is there not to love about that? Even if it turns out to be a complete hoax, who cares? It brings happiness- what else matters?
Anyway, I was just overcome with extreme gratitude for my family that I love so much, and for the Savior that I love even more. Such a wonderful day!
OK, I'm off my soap box now.
After Temple Square we went over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, where Ben and I got a lot of our wedding pictures taken. We wanted to show the girls some of our memories from our wedding day. We recreated some of our pictures from our wedding day.
We snuck upstairs at the Lion House, where we had our wedding reception, and showed the girls.
Then we stopped at the Bountiful Temple, where we got married, and showed the girls. We hadn't been back there since our wedding day, so it was fun to be back to where it all started!





















1 comment:
I love this trip! How fun! :)
Post a Comment