Apparently there are mothers in this world who carefully pack each and every child's bag when they go on vacation.
I am not one of those moms.
I give them a list of what to pack and then expect that they pack those items. And if they don't- too bad.
As for carry-ons, I just tell them to pack what will keep them entertained on the plane- again, trusting that they know what to do.
Unfortunately, this lassiez-faire parenting style got us in a little bit of trouble. Apparently, I am raising a budding terrorist:
This seemingly adorable and innocent child attempted to bring a snow globe (gasp!) on the airplane. They pulled her pink Olivia backpack to the side and proceeded to pull out stuffed animal after stuffed animal (I had no idea so many stuffed animals could fit into one backpack). It was quite hilarious.
Thankfully, the abhorrent snow globe was uncovered. The security agent dumped out the water from the globe, and the world was safe once again.
I gotta watch out for this one...

No comments:
Post a Comment