Saturday, March 2, 2019

Volleyball



Audra's volleyball season just ended- and what a wonderful season it was!

It was a bunch of kids who had not played before. But, we somehow scored the best coach in the history of the YMCA. Honest, I loved just sitting and watching her coach at all the practices. Which is good because somehow I just got roped into coaching both Audra and Claire's volleyball teams starting in two weeks. YIKES!

Anyway, back to this season...Coach Laura at the beginning said, "I don't know if we will win any games. We are really small compared to the other teams. But, I don't care about scores. I'm not a score watcher. I just want the kids to learn how to play and improve."

She really coached them- she taught them the strategy of how to play using three hits, not one. She taught them the correct way to play. And, it worked! They did lost their first game, but they won all the rest of their games- including destroying the team they lost to when they played again (my competitive nature really came out and I was pretty anxious watching the game and so glad they beat this team!)

So, it was a fabulous season- we truly lucked out. Unfortunately, she isn't coaching next season, but she will be in the fall so we hope to get Audra on her team again.

No comments: