Friday, October 8, 2021

Chicago: Day 1

 The week before Covid my sisters and I bought tickets for a sisters trip in Chicago. But, then..... Covid. So, 18 months later, we were finally able to make our trip happen. Michelle ended up not being able to go, so my mom came- and it was wonderful to have her with us! It would have been great to have Michelle, but I think it all worked out really well. 

We all arrived on Friday at varying times and then took a taxi to our hotel. We checked in to St. Clair at The Magnificent Mile and then went to Millennium Park and to explore a little bit.

This is from the airport- I thought it looked really cool:








The Bean was far more cool than I could have expected. The reflections off of it are just awesome.





Several people recommended we get Gordano's for pizza dinner. We heard it was the best pizza ever. It was....disappointing. I don't blame my friend, though. The one next to our hotel was under construction, so they were cooking pizza at another location and bringing it over. So it was a little overcooked and also cold. It was deep dish style, and it was literally about a half inch of cheese on the cheese pizza. None of us were fans. Oh, well- at least we tried it.







No comments: