Through an unusual set of circumstances, I ended up with a large amount of time with just Claire today. We had the entire morning to ourselves. I knew we couldn't stay inside at our house all that time because we would both go stir crazy, so I asked her what she wanted to do and she said "Bouncy Houses." So off to Pump It Up we went.
As we were there, I was really overcome with gratitude for the opportunity I have to be a stay-at-home mom. How lucky that while so many people are at work or at daycare or wherever, I get to have a spontaneous, wonderful morning with my daughter. We had such a great time. I LOVE that our schedule right now pretty much consists of whatever we want to do. Park? OK. Swimming? Sure. Bouncy houses? Why not. Really, truly ever since the first year of Audra's life (which was so incredibly difficult and I was SOOOO glad when it was over), it has been the best time of my life.
I'm really glad that Ben wants me to raise our kiddos and be able to enjoy these moments with my girls. I'm selfish- I want the giggles, the hugs, the fun all to myself. For a very brief moment I could see why so many people choose to homeschool. NO, don't worry- I have NO desire to homeschool, but I can see why people do.
I don't have any pictures of our date to the bouncy houses, but I do have this gem- taken this afternoon:
They played dress-up while I attempted to recuperate from my way-too-late celebrations of the Broncos game last night (I should add naps to the list of things I get to do). But if you saw the game, you know it deserved some celebrations. They woke me up by laughing hysterically and saying, "hey, mommy, look at my hair!"
One more quick thing I just have to record. The other day Audra was singing this while going to the bathroom:
"All day long,
I love my mom!"
Now, how can I not LOVE that????
No comments:
Post a Comment