Has it REALLY been three years? I mean seriously, wasn't it yesterday I was writing on this blog about how scared I was to have a c-section? Nope- it was THREE years ago. Wow.
We started the day by going to the park with some friends. We brought some cupcakes to share- I figured since we weren't having a Birthday party, we might as well at least have her friends sing to her while we were at the park.
I'm so glad we did. Look at Claire's face- she is exuding JOY! It was so incredibly sweet!
She wouldn't blow out her candles, though. Audra had to do it for her.
Later, I saw Camille holding a doll that Audra received as a gift. Claire put it there so Camille wouldn't have to sleep by herself. So cute!
We got her a DQ ice-cream cake- pretty much a standard for our Birthdays:
Again, do you see in her face how sweet she is? Both she and Audra are the same- they feel and exude love as they are being sung to:
Once again, Claire wouldn't/couldn't blow out the candles, so Audra came and helped her out:
She is our independent, spunky, sassy girl. She is Audra's best friend- and Audra is hers- and she is a monkey through and through. She thinks she is indestructible, and tries tirelessly to prove it. She is about the most opinionated little girl I have ever met.
She is tough. But at the same time she has all of the qualities I want a girl to have when they are older: she doesn't put up with people's crap, she stands firm in her convictions, and she doesn't let a difficult situation stop her from achieving her goals. I really do think she has a bright future ahead of her.
5 comments:
Austin is getting a scooter for his birthday too! Except, he's getting it a couple months early so he can actually enjoy it over the summer.
Happy Birthday Claire!
Ben was very much against the idea of scooters. He thinks they are stupid and thinks it is stupid that our kids want them. I told him he didn't get to decided what our girls wanted- I have spent enough of our money on stupid video games for him, so he can watch as our girls enjoy the scooter:)
Looks like you all had a great day. Hope she enjoys the scooter!!
She does look so sweet! Even though I know she's been hard to handle, it sounds like she really has some great qualities and will be a good, strong lady someday. Good work mamma!
Chris - as a mom of a child who has some big motor skill issues, I can tell you that I don't take any of these little athletic-like skills for granted. The physical act of scootering actually requires quite a bit of coordination and balance which is a great skill to acquire! Not dumb at all!
Also, where we live, a scooter is a great way to get kids to move faster from place to place.
Unfortunately, Nathan can't seem to figure out the scooter which is a bummer on many levels for him and for us.
Post a Comment