For awhile now Ben has been wanting to go to St. Mary's Glacier. Since he has a few days off from work this week, we decided to head up and give it a shot.
Before the hike there was a little ghost town so we went and toured the houses:
Then we started on the hike:
I told Ben if we were going on a hike, then he had to carry the baby:
Here you can get a slight taste of how steep the climb is. The whole way up all I could think was, "Why do Coloradans think this is fun? First, we start at 10,000 feet so we already can not breathe, and then we decide to climb another couple thousand feet in a mere 3/4 of a mile? WHY do we do this?!?"
Well, this is why:
And, since we are really trying to win "best family photo of the millennium" here is another gem for our collection:
I had to bribe Claire to get her to look at the camera for this picture:
Audra begged me to let her go on this log. I put her on (she is about 3 feet in the air) and she freaked out she was so scared:
Ben took Audra to go touch the snow on the glacier. Nobody else went except them, and apparently Audra cried the whole time because she missed her Mommy:
The girls were real troopers and did great on the hike, especially compared to our last hiking attempt. And, we stopped at Beau Jo's on the way home- what could be better? All in all, it was a great day.
3 comments:
Oh Christina, your family pictures make me laugh!!! And you inspire me to be brave and get out of the house a little more often. If you can do it with three kids, one of them brand new, I can surely do it with mine.
Thanks Katie! In this picture, Claire was yelling and tantruming because she didn't want her picture taken. We sure do know how to torture our children.
This was a little more adventurous than I probably would have liked, but the girls ended up doing great and it all worked out. Other outings have definitely been a big failure, though!
Katie said exactly what I was thinking. Your family picture gave me a good laugh and I can't believe how brave you are to go out and do all these things with a new baby and two others in tow!
Post a Comment