Monday, November 19, 2012

Nutcracker

On Saturday we went as a family to go see a Children's Nutcracker.

While getting dressed beforehand Claire asked: "Can I wear my swimsuit?"

Me: "No."

Claire: "But the Nutcracker is in water."

Me: "No, it isn't. It's a ballet and they perform it on stage."

Clare: (walks away with a VERY confused look on her face)

Despite being above ground, we had a great time.

Claire sat mesmerized the whole time, Audra loved it but got tired about 3/4 of the way through and asked to take a nap, and Camille played with toys and cooed through the entire show.



 They were ecstatic to go up on the stage after the show:

 Then, they got to meet some of the performers:
 Here they are with Clara:

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that ballet. That is so much fun you were all able to go! I have wanted to take my kids but I am not brave enough yet! I don't think it would turn out as well as it did for you!

ferfischer said...

Is this the one at DU? We are going dec 1 (minus Eliot) and my friends daughters are in it! Fun!

Christina said...

This is a special children's one that a local ballet company does. It's only an hour long- the perfect amount of time for the kids. They come to our local rec center and do it there- plus, it's only 7 bucks, so if it's a bust and you have to leave it's not a big deal. I took Audra last year and it was a success- I think we will make it part of our Christmas traditions.