Thursday, November 15, 2012

Six Months

It's hard to believe this Little Bug is 6 months old, but she is.


She continues to excel in the "sweetest baby" category. She amazes both Ben and I with her cheerful disposition.*** Hopefully it continues through her whole life!

At six months, she still isn't quite sitting up. In the pictures above I propped her up against the box to help hold her up. She is almost there, but not quite.

She's actually quite sedentary. She can roll over and will sometimes then scoot herself around within a 3 foot radius, but that's about it. We decided she is just so happy no matter where she is that she has no need to move around. She makes do with wherever she is at and in whatever position she finds herself.

She thoroughly enjoys her Exersaucer. One night she was in there for over an hour just playing nicely. She sure makes having a baby easy!

Toys have become a constant accessory. She especially loves toy keys and anything shaped in an "O" that she can easily hold. All toys, and anything else she gets a hold of, instantly ends up in her mouth.

This month I have succeeded in getting her on a pretty decent schedule- and it has admittedly been nice for all of us. She takes three naps a day, and this schedule has forced us to be home more. I like that. We do go out, as she will take naps in her car seat still, but I have really calmed our schedule down and it has led to a slower pace for all of us, which I have really enjoyed. I have also discovered that if she takes a super short nap and I go up and nurse her for a few minutes she will fall back asleep. Hence, her naps have become much better. She will usually take at least one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.

I am hesitant to say this for fear of jinxing us, but she is sleeping well at night. She pretty much only wakes up once at night to feed. I can handle that! We put her to bed at 8, then I give her a dream feed around 10:30 when Ben and I go to bed, and then she wakes up sometime between 1-3 to nurse, then wakes up around 7-8 to nurse and wake up for the day.

She is laughing and smiling with more frequency. Even I was able to get her laughing hysterically the other night, which was a huge feat. Normally she only laughs for Claire and Audra.

She still fits into 3-6 month clothes, but I imagine that will only last until Christmas before we need to upgrade. I don't have her stats yet, but I will on Tuesday. She must be close to 17 lbs, though, I am guessing. By far she weighs more than the other two at this age.

It's a little strange for me to have such a lazy baby. Part of me wonders if I should be worried that she isn't crawling around getting into everything like the other two were at this age. Others have assured me, however, this she is quite normal and it is the other two who were off.

This week we will be starting solids which is exciting.I'm thinking yams. It seems fitting with Thanksgiving right around the corner, right?

***Except for last night when she cried all through the girls' Christmas photo shoot. Look forward to some "fun" Christmas cards with our grumpy baby. Note to self: Never schedule a photo shoot in the evening.

No comments: