Friday, March 8, 2013

Audra's Boyfriend

I had to write this down before I forget. Audra and I had what I had hoped would be a good discussion on morals and values. It took an unexpected turn, however, leaving me speechless:

Me: Audra, you can have friends that are boys, but you can't have a boyfriend until you are 16.

A: Why?

Me: That's a rule.

A: Well, it's too late. I already have a boyfriend.

Me: (aghast) Who? And what do you mean you have a boyfriend?

A: Isaac. And I like him and he likes me, so...

Me: (speechless)

What's my next step, moms?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You don't make a big deal out of it. She doesn't really know what she is talking about and you don't really want to enlighten her.

Christina said...

Yeah, I really don't care- it's mostly just so funny how she was like, "well, too late- I already have a boyfriend!" She cracks me up!