Monday, March 18, 2013

Dinosaur Ridge

On Saturday we loaded up the troops and headed to Dinosaur Ridge- about a 20 minute drive, so nothing too extraordinary. Dinosaur Ridge is a road that goes along the mountain and has evidences of dinosaurs along the road.

By far, the coolest thing was the actual dinosaur tracks, but there were other things as well: fossils, an imprint of a brontosaurus and her babies steps, geological things (that's the technical term), and great views as well. You can take a bus tour, but at $5/person we opted for the walking tour instead- and I am glad we did. It was a fantastic hike, and it was great to go at our own pace (which was very slow) and just enjoy the scenery. The road is closed, and only tour buses are allowed on the road, so it was pretty safe.

I wouldn't say that this is the most amazing tourist spot in the world, but it really was a lot of fun- AND it wore the girls out! A true plus!

 We brought up the umbrella stroller thinking the girls might get tired. But really, they mostly just fought over whose turn it was to push it.
 Above: Tabatha, Claire, Audra, Alicia, and Olivia
Below: Audra with her hand on one of the tracks






For perspective, you can see Alicia below compared to the mountain of tracks:




 I swear we like each other, but this is the best we could do for a family picture:
 Grandma with 6 of her many granddaughters:
 On the way down, Claire refused to let Olivia in the stroller, and insisted that Olivia sit in her lap instead of the other way around:
 I love this one of Alicia and  Audra:

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So fun to have cousins come visit and how awesome that they're all girls! For some reason, I remember when Tabatha was born. At least I remember you telling me your sister had named her baby Tabatha. They are all adorable!