Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spotlight Letters

This year in primary (the kids' program at church) the leaders asked us to write letters about our kids. They asked us several questions such as why our kids are special, what talents they have, a funny story about them, etc. Both the girls have now been spotlighted, so I thought I would share the letters I wrote for them:

Dear Primary,

Brother Marriott and I sure love having Audra in our family. Audra is very special in many ways. She loves learning and she loves helping others. She wants to be a friend to everybody and she is a great big sister. She loves helping her baby sisters.

When Audra was a baby she loved having her mom sing "I Am A Child of God" to her. Once while Audra and her mom were at a store Audra was very upset. She was about 18 months old. Her mom started singing "I Am A Child of God" to her in the store and Audra calmed down and didn't cry anymore.

One of Audra's best talents is her love for other people. She has a very big heart, and we love her very much.

Sincerely,
Sister Marriott

Now for Claire:

Dear Primary,

Claire joined our family and has brought us a lot of laughter. She is a silly girl and loves to make us laugh. She also if very tough and feisty- don't try and push her around or you will regret it! She is very smart and can already count to 10 and is learning her letters. She likes to do whatever her big sister Audra is doing.

Claire thinks things through and asks lots of questions. Once while she and her mom were at the park she started playing with a worm. Her mom told her to put the worm down because the worm would want to dig into the ground. Very quickly Claire said, "But them don't have hands." Her mom thought that was a very smart answer for a 2-year-old.

One of Claire's greatest talents is coloring. She colors very well and will sit and color for hours at a time. Her mom and dad love her pictures, and love her very, very much.

Sincerely,
Sister Marriott

No comments: