Thursday, October 9, 2014

Co-Ops

When I first started thinking about homeschooling, Ben simply said, "You need to be in some sort of co-op."

I agreed.

Luckily, I found a really great one. It's very low-key. We get together for park days and moms nights out, but we also do different classes. Basically, each mom or dad hosts a class. By offering to host a class, you can sign up your kids for any classes offered. It's adds for some great diversity, a chance for the kids to get to know other kids, and for the kiddos to be taught by somebody besides their mom. It's nice.

We have a lot of fun with co-ops!

 At this co-op the kids got to be different artists. Here they are being Christo and Jean Claude using sheets to cover things.
 At this co-op they became Matisse:



 And, we got to go hike Lair O' the Bear- one of our favorites:

We are finding lots of different ways to stay busy- and we are very much enjoying it! I hosted a Magic Tree House book club which was a blast, and we are also hosting a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas party. It should be a blast!

No comments: