Last night we did our most dreaded tradition: Carving pumpkins.
The kids have been counting down the days to this. They have been checking the pumpkins every day to make sure they were not squishy and getting rotten (that happens sometimes in CO with the hot weather).
Finally, the night arrived. Ben tried to work late to get out of it, but we waited for him to come home- much to his dismay.
The kids LOVED it. Even Camille- who was so cute with her little spoon scooping out the insides of her little pumpkin. She would scoop the seeds out, then pour them back in and start over again. So cute!
We had a lot of difficulty getting the blasted pumpkins open. Ben pulled out the big guns- but it didn't help.
That's hair around Claire's pumpkin face. She wanted Ben to cut that out, but it was too difficult.
3 comments:
I'm not a fan either...I think we can get away without it for another year or two. Way to persevere and I like the variety of pumpkins you used!
I love the white pumpkins! Way to take one for the team! :)
Spencer picked a white pumpkin too and his was WAY harder than a regular orange one. Alan gave up after about 5 minutes and we had Spencer paint it instead. So much less work! Way to take one for the kids!
Post a Comment