The funeral was beautiful. All the grandkids and great grandkids sang "How Great Thou Art." Hundreds of people came. My Aunt Janet gave a beautiful life sketch where I learned that Grandma used to be an excellent oboe player and athlete. She had 6 kids under 6, and my aunt asked her once how she did it, and she simply said, "I just woke up and did it." That sounds like her.
I told myself I wouldn't cry, but then all of us were sitting with the family for some final minutes before the funeral started. The funeral director said if anybody wanted to say good-bye one last time before they closed the casket now was the time.
Grandpa got up and went to Grandma and gave her one final kiss. I wasn't the only one who lost it! It was the sweetest moment I have ever seen, one I will cherish for the rest of my life. Don't we all want what they had? A love that lasts through 67 years of marriage and 6 kids? After all of those years of kisses and memories, it all came down to one final good-bye until they meet again in Heaven. It was beautiful.
My pictures are a hodge podge. I was the only person taking pictures, so I felt awkward. But, now I realize I should have taken more because I was the only one who took pictures.
At any rate, it was beautiful and I am very grateful I went.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, but what great examples she and your grandpa are.
Post a Comment