2018 promises to be an interesting year.
I have been dealing with some health issues that I won't get into right now, and because of that I am needing to make some lifestyle changes. The biggest things are with diet and stress. I have to de-stress my life. 2018 is going to be my year of "no." My plan is to take things a lot slower- fewer activities for the kids, meditating daily, saying "no" when people ask me to do things and to help out. This is going to be really hard for me, but I know it is incredibly important. I have to put my health first. So, if I say "no", please don't be offended. It's just a stage of life that I have to commit to.
But as such, it is causing me to focus on the things that are most important. I'm trying to not get caught up in the news and just "let things go." I'm trusting in the words of Gordon B. Hinckly (one of the leaders of our church), that "it will all work out."
With that said, here's my predictions for 2018:
1. Broncos will have another losing season. But, Seahawks will make the playoffs.
2. Vance Joseph will be fired as the Broncos head coach. It was announced today that he will be back next year, which I simply can't believe.
3. Camille will start homeschooling with us which will be wonderful (believe it or not, homeschooling really doesn't add stress when I use the boxed curriculum that I don't have to come up with. I think homeschooling is in many ways far less stressful than sending the kids to school and dealing with homework, lunches, bullies, teachers, etc). She will be reading.
4. We will go to the balloon festival in Albuquerque! We actually have several trips already scheduled, but this is the "bonus" trip that I'm hoping we squeeze in as I think the girls would love it.
5. Dems will take back the house.
6. Audra and Claire will go to state for 4H. (4H and soccer are the two activities I'm planning to have the girls still do. Maybe volleyball for Audra as well. And gymnastics for Claire and Camille. But that's it!).
7. I will finish the last cross stitch Christmas stocking I need to make for me. Whew- it will be nice when that is done! But I need to get started on it. Thankfully, that is a relaxing activity for me- once I get it started.
8. My health will be improved! What does that mean? Fewer meds, better diet, less stress.
9. Audra will surpass me in piano skills and I will need to sign her up for actual lessons again. Claire will start violin, which will prove much more difficult than she thinks it will.
10. Despite our trials, we will find JOY in our family and grow closer together
No comments:
Post a Comment