Monday, January 1, 2018

Ringing In the New Year

We don't go all out for New Year's, but we did a few things to celebrate.

We did a countdown on Netflix before bed time and let the girls pop some poppers. They still went to bed at their regular bedtime. At some point we will let them stay up late, but not even Ben and I want to stay up late, so for now this works.


Ben and I also went to bed at our regular time.

The girls woke up and made this:


Claire bought some silly string, and she got the brilliant idea to make a big mermaid and spray it with silly string. I love that she came up with the idea all by herself, and she and Audra put the plan into action.

Also, Claire drew a great mermaid!

Then, I made crepes for breakfast. I'm not sure what is up with Claire's face. Crepes for New Year's may become a new tradition as the kids really do love crepes. I should make them more.


Here's to 2018!

No comments: