On Friday, Day TWO of our quarantine because of our road trip, Ben didn't need to go to work so we slept in until 7:30. Lying in bed I thought, "I don't need to get up. I could sleep until 2 and wear my pj's all day and it wouldn't matter. And, I home school! But, having nowhere to go and nothing to do is really depressing!"
And, it is.
Thankfully, we have our school routine- and that does help.
We also did a puzzle swap with some friends.
We decorated a friend's driveway with Birthday wishes.
And, then we had some snow. It was cold, but we went anyway- and we had the whole hill to ourselves. Yay- social distancing at it's finest!
We are trying to get outside every day to avoid cabin fever. We need to be creative so we don't actually interact with others face to face. It's a struggle, but I'm grateful for routine. I'm grateful we have been doing this homeschool thing for years so at least that isn't an issue at all. I hear of friends getting 15-20 e-mails from their kids' teachers every day to organize 4 different school schedules for their kids. I would go insane!!!
So, we keep our routine and try to get out. And that's how we will try and stay sane in this unbelievable time.





No comments:
Post a Comment