Friday, September 27, 2013

A Rainy Day At The Zoo

Today a small miracle occurred: Both the girls did not have school, AND it was Ben's off Friday- so we got a bonus family day!

We decided to take advantage.

Now that Audra is in school all day almost everyday, I am realizing how important family time really is.

We wanted to do something fun. We know that Audra only has a few more years of enjoying the zoo left, so we decided to head there.

When we woke up, it was raining a little. Not too bad, but enough that we second guessed ourselves. In the end, we decided to brave the rain. After all, the girls are half Seattle-ites!

Admittedly, it was pretty chilly. But on the plus side: the zoo was practically empty, and we got to have a lot of fun enjoying the indoor exhibits- exhibits we hadn't spent much time in previously.

 I forget what this bird is, but isn't it beautiful?

 This bird came up and hopped right next to Ben which was pretty cool.

 Don't worry, that's not a real snake!

 Ben and Camille had some sweet moments. Camille started holding up her hand for Ben to hold it. Then they would walk hand in hand. She wouldn't hold anybody else's hand- I tried to hold it, and she walked away from me and went back to Ben. It was really sweet- for him. Not so much for me.
We ended up lasting for 4 hours- that's pretty good for a cold, rainy day!

Camille especially loved the bats- random, I know, but she thought they were great. Claire really wanted to see the penguins over and over again- but she said she liked "all the animals." Audra didn't really say what she liked best.

I wish we had more of these family days!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I know exactly what you mean about less family time now with full time school! That is a great way to spend an extra day even if it was a bit chilly!