It really doesn't feel like Christmas around here weather wise. The sun has been shining and you have to look to find snow, but it's been nice anyway.
On Monday I told the girls they needed to clean their bedrooms or Santa wouldn't be happy. Audra got a feisty look in her eyes and said, " No- Santa doesn't even come into our bedrooms." I told her that he might peak in and see what they are up to and make sure they cleaned their room. She defiantly added, "You are just saying that because you want us to clean our rooms. He doesn't see what bedrooms are like!"
Well, whether Santa peeked or not, it did work. Despite her protests, the girls did clean their room.
We told the girls they couldn't wake us up until 7. At 6:37 they came into our rooms and said, "MOM! There is a 7 in the time!" I told them the first number had to be 7. They weren't happy about that answer, but they obediently let us be for exactly 23 minutes.
When we finally woke up they confessed that they had taken Audra's flashlight and from the stairs shone the light on the presents so they could see them.
I laughed, and was reminded of how the five of us kids used to get so excited and sneak out at 2 AM just to look at the presents under the tree. It really is fun to be at this magical stage. We only have a few more years of this, so I want to savor and enjoy it as much as possible.
We let Camille continue to sleep, but the rest of us went downstairs and began opening presents.
I have to admit, as I was spending hours wrapping presents, I got a little teary-eyed. I'm so glad that we can give our kids a happy and memorable Christmas. And it isn't just the presents. I like to think that the kids feel loved and know that they are special to us. I think we do a good job of making our house a home and having lots of love, and that makes me happy.
But, the presents are fun, too!
Claire got a Baby Alive, which she likes a lot less than Santa thought she would. The doll Audra got (which Santa originally planned to give to Camille) turned out to be the favorite doll of the day.
Once Camille finally woke up she jumped right in. She knew just what to do.
I just love the look on Audra's face as she watched Camille open her rock and roll Elmo:
My parents sent us a Made In Washington gift basket, and Camille decided it was her new chair. She LOVES sitting in baskets:
The gift I was most excited about for the girls was this doll house:
It took us over an hour to assemble, but it is pretty awesome.
Today the girls actually went downstairs to play without me telling them to! Have we finally reached a point where we have put together the perfect playroom and the girls will play in areas that I am not? I don't know, but here's hoping!
After the fun of opening presents, Grandma and grandpa came over and we had a nice brunch. The rest of the day the girls played, and played, and played. Ben and I had hoped to take a nap, but that was not in the cards.
It really was a great Christmas. We are so blessed.
1 comment:
After over a year of asking, we actually got E a Baby Alive too! Which, of course, F immediately claimed as her own. All in all that is fine though since I think E was expecting it to be way more interactive than it actually is. Your kids all look happy, I am sure they will have great memories to share!
Post a Comment