Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Treats

For the first time ever, I went super low-key this year with treats. I simply couldn't muster up the energy to go all out.

When I told Ben I was going low-key he said, "Oh, thank goodness. Is that my Christmas present this year?" I should have said yes and returned his gifts, but I didn't. Oh, well.

Then I told him that I only had 18 treat bags to deliver. That dumbfounded him a little bit, but 18 really was downsizing.

But later I realized I forgot the kids' primary teachers from church, so I had to make 4 more goodies to deliver to them. Still, 22 isn't that many- right?

In reality, though, it really was super easy. I made Candy Cane Peppermint Chex. Doesn't that just sound yummy? It was. And it literally only took 5 minutes for each batch, and the kids could easily help. There was only one bowl at the end to clean up, and they were easy to throw together for distribution- I just scooped a cup into each bag, tied it with a ribbon, and voila! Christmas treats ready to go!


I think this might be a new tradition.
If you want the recipe (and believe me, you do), HERE is the recipe.

No comments: