Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Are Ben and I Made For Each Other?

I was rummaging through a box of old things and I came across a magazine I made for a class back in 1992. That would have been 8th grade, I believe. The magazine was called "Desire" and featured a cover story about Christian Slater. Yes, at one point I was a typical teenager.

On the front cover a headline struck my fancy: "POP QUIZ: Are You And Your Boyfriend Made For Each Other?"

Of course Ben and I had to take the quiz!



Here it is, in case you are concerned about whether you and your significant other are made for each other:

1. For dinner your boyfriend takes you to:
     a. a gourmet restaurant
     b. McDonald's
     c. A picnic

    For dinner you would rather go to: 
     a. a gourmet restaurant
     b. McDonald's
     c. A picnic

2. When you go to a movie, your boyfriend takes you:
    a. Mystery/suspense
    b. Comedy
    c. Cartoon

    When you go to a movie, you would rather go to:
    a. Mystery/suspense
    b. Comedy
    c. Cartoon

3. These characteristics best describe your boyfriend:
     a. Serious, with no sense of humor
     b. Jock, handsome, popular
     c. Druggie, doped, messed up
     d. Handsome, shy, loving

    You would like your boyfriend to be:
     a. Serious, with no sense of humor
     b. Jock, handsome, popular
     c. Druggie, doped, messed up
     d. Handsome, shy, loving

4. When you go to a party, you would prefer to:
     a. Dance
     b. Get drunk
     c.Talk with friends

     When you go to a party, you would rather:
     a. Dance
     b. Get drunk
     c.Talk with friends

5. When you're at the beach, your boyfriend likes to:
    a. Swim
    b. Eat
    c. Play sports

     When you're at the beach, you like to:
    a. Swim
    b. Eat
    c. Play sports

SCORE:
First of all, these points do NOT mean you and your boyfriend are gonna get married and live happily ever after, or that you and your boyfriend should never talk to each other again. This is just so you know kind-of where you and your boyfriend stand. Don't do anything rational when you see what you got.

All your answers were the same: You two are perfect for each other!

4 Answers were the same: You are such a good couple!

3 Answers are the same: You two need to talk.

2 Answers are the same: Are you two really going out?

1 Answer the same: How did you guys manage this long?

0 Answers the same: You haven't killed each other yet?

So how did Ben and I rate? Well, according to my 13-year-old self, Ben and I need to talk. Good thing 13-year-old me put in the disclaimer to not do anything "rational." I'll take that into advisement before we have "The Talk."

Anybody want to subscribe???

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love this more than you know. :) And I remember your Christian Slater phase.

Mandy said...

This is awesome!!

Stephanie said...

Ha ha. This is great. As a side note, last weekend Damien and I went on a date to a bookstore where we had to do some tasks. One of them was to look at magazines and find a quiz to take together. Damien had no idea which magazines would have quizzes in them, so I kindly helped him out. The quizzes have not changed much. Good thing you kept this gem, and that Ben took the quiz with you. I also think you shouldn't do anything "rational."