We have gotten to know a few homschooling families really well. The kids all get along great, and we get together quite often.
One of the moms thought it would be fun to go camping together. We aren't real big campers (and Ben desperately wants to be a "Never Camper"), but it has been so nice having a group of friends where we all get along, the kids are the same ages, and there is no drama. We just all enjoy getting together. So, I decided to take the girls, and even though it took A LOT of convincing, Ben actually joined us! This was pretty much a miracle. He regrets it terribly.
Nevertheless, we went and had an exhausting but wonderful time. I always sleep terribly when camping, so one night trips are for real all I can handle. But, as anybody who has ever been camping knows, it is just as much work for one night as one week. True to form, it was a lot of work.
We went to Colorado Campground- a pretty generic name. Unlike Golden Gate where we have a cabin and running water, this campsite was really just a bunch of open land.
It was about a 2 hour drive, to a place in the National Forest that neither Ben or I had ever been. It was a beautiful drive, and a beautiful area.
We had a taco bar for dinner, then a potluck breakfast. I made pancakes, which were a big hit. Who doesn't love pancakes while camping?
The kids were LOUD- I'm a little surprised we didn't get a talking to- but they had so much fun together. I'm just so incredibly glad our girls are not yellers, as many of the other kids are. All the other parents were impressed when, at 8:30, my girls asked if they could go to bed.
Nobody slept well, but that's normal for camping life. We should all get a great nights' sleep tonight!
We thought it was hysterical that the homeschool kids got away they grabbed their books and started reading:
He even smiled!
Fishing by the lake! It didn't last long.









No comments:
Post a Comment