It started Friday with the drama performance. Then, most of the day Saturday Ben and I were at our renal doing showings. Thankfully, we not only rented out our house, but also two other houses that are adjacent and owned by our friends. Three leases for one set of showings is pretty great- Ben and I are really good at showings. Ben says it's because we pay our tithing, and I can't disagree. But, that also meant that Saturday night was also spent up at the house getting the lease signed.
Then, this whirlwind weekend was capped off by going downtown and feeding the homeless. It is always humbling.
The woman in charge of Stand Up For Kids always says it best. Here are her words:
I gotta start with the 1st thing that comes to mind and that is that I really, really love this life we get to live and ALL of the people in it, the true friends that we serve as well as the people who consistently stand with us TO serve. Blessed doesn’t even begin to cover it. Christina Marriott and family and friends provided enchilada casserole, chicken taco casserole, salad, drinks, homemade sweets and LOTS of dog food! We served about 15 today and they all went away with FULL bellies and even “full-ER” hearts. Great convos were had with regulars and travelers alike. We’re still getting used to the changes here and the dramatically lower amount of roofless youth out here because of those changes but when one of our friends came up to us today and said “you know, I don’t know if you guys hear this enough but I want to tell you that you are the brightest spot in our day. When STANDUP shows up we just feel so loved and like we matter. You’re always here for us and you bring such joy and good vibes to us. I hope you know how much you mean to us”— THAT is why we do it-8 people or 80 people, if we impact ONE our job is done. People are people- LOVE them all no matter what.
We also went to the Triangle not with leftovers because there were none, but to donate some of our excess storage unit supplies that we don’t use to the Denver Rescue Mission. Had more talks with our friends there, witnessed many very high and one violently ill on something, then learning of a death last night due to a new popular drug called “Mamba” which is something laced with rat poison and other toxic things that causes a high but that won’t cause UA’s to test positive
It was wonderful. And now I desperately need a good nights sleep!



No comments:
Post a Comment