Our first Summer Hike of the season was a success. I made a FB group and invited all my friends who live in the area to come hike with us on a weekly hike all around the area.
Todays hike combined with a co-op where we met with some volunteers and they taught us about rocks and minerals. Then, we went for a pretty short hike- only about a mile. It was nice, though, because the kids wanted to stop and look at everything- they were searching for all the different minerals. It was nice to stop and see the rocks.
It was so beautiful! So much better than sitting on the couch and watching TV (though, admittedly, that's all I wanted to do when I got home!)
After the hike, they spent an hour playing on a really big rock where they turned the rock into a house with various rooms and built a teepee. I LOVE nature play!





No comments:
Post a Comment