Saturday, May 4, 2013

First Hike Of the Season

Yesterday we realized we had nothing to do today- so we asked the girls what they wanted to do. Audra said, "Go on a hike and have a picnic!"

Even though it snowed on Wednesday, this IS Colorado, and the weather looked like it would be OK today- a high of 53, which can be quite warm with the sun shining.

Since we had nothing else to do, we headed up to the mountains.




 We forgot to bring the back pack carrier, but we did have the Baby Bjorn (thank goodness!). So, we tried putting it on backwards to see if it would work- to make it easier to carry her. It worked!


 Dang, he's hot!



 We let her down for a second. It did not go well as she decided to just eat rocks and sticks. I wish I could say it's the first time she's eaten rocks and sticks. Back to the carrier she went!





From our hike we could see Ben's work. Now tell me this: If you worked here, would you EVER leave your place of employment and get a job anywhere else? Yeah, Ben doesn't want to, either.


Here's a funny story of our trip:

While we were eating lunch, I said, "Come here Little Midget!" -meaning Camille. I have all kinds of names for her, and Little Midget is one of them. Audra said, "What's a midget?" I said it is a person who is really small, even though they should be bigger. Then, low and behold, a midget (dwarf) came walking down the hill! What a crazy coincidence! (and lest you think I am a horrible person, we did explain to her that the proper term is "Little Person" and that they are just like the rest of us- just shorter).

Overall, I realized two great things today:

1. Audra has great ideas about what we should do on do nothing days.

2. I LOVE days that we have nothing planned! I will gladly take more of these days!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That sounds so fun and lovely! The pic of the three girls is adorable! I wish we didn't have anything to do yesterday. We spent the entire day doing yard work. At least we had good weather for it though. :)