Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Last Meet

Last night was Audra's last Landsharks meet. Once again, she came in 3rd for the 400M, but this time only by about 2 feet. We're pretty sure she could have passed the girl except she seemed to not quite know how to- she kept almost passing and then slowing down. Plus, she spent the first 300 M looking over her shoulder at the other runners. Well, she is only in kindergarten- she has a lot to learn about racing. But she sure looked cute, and she really was proud of herself- as were we.

 Above: Warming up. It was really neat that Audra was with the big kids- she got to know them and they were all really kind to her. It's awesome how running can bring out the best in people- even little kids!

Below: Most of the team




 Oh, sorry. Track meets are rather long, and I got a little distracted by pictures of the cutest baby on earth. The picture below is a great shot of her 3 bottom teeth:
 Back to the race...

Here is Audra trying to pass the 2nd place runner. She almost got her:

 And with her medal at the end:

The best part about this experience is that she started out quite scared. She was so nervous to have people watch her run. But then she just had such a great time! She made some good friends with the older kids, learned how to be part of the team, and learned how to do the "monster walk."

What can be better than that?

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad she ended up having such a good time. Future track star in the making!

Danielle said...

Those shoes have made it through 3 babies!

Christina said...

Running might be my girls' thing- they sure do a lot of it!

Dani- the shoes definitely show their wear, but I LOVE them! When I opened the box and saw them, I was so happy!

ferfischer said...

I do wish that there was a running club in our area - I looked online and couldn't find anything - I think the kids would love it. If you hear of anything, let me know.