Friday, May 17, 2013

Ode To The Office

I have about three more important posts to write, but I just had to interject a little tribute to one of our favorite shows: The Office.

Even though there were a couple rough seasons after Steve Carrell left, we have joyfully watched every episode from start to finish, and both Ben and I were a little emotional last night as we saw it end.

We started watching it right after we got married. I remember channel surfing in our little 1 bedroom apartment while Ben played computer games. It was summer, so re-runs were on, and I came across the "Survivor" episode of season one. Do any of you remember that episode? Dwight ends up shipping himself to China, and it is pretty much the funniest show I have ever seen- of any sitcom. I was on the floor laughing so hard, and I told Ben we HAD to start watching the show. The problem was that I had absolutely no idea what show it was!

For weeks I talked about how funny this show was, but we couldn't find it anywhere.

Finally in September we saw a preview on NBC and I screamed to Ben, "That's it! That's the show!" We borrowed the first season from a friend so we could catch up, and we have been hooked ever since.

It's the first show that I have really watched from start to finish (well, at least one that had a long running series. We watched LOST from start to finish- again, I saw a re-run during the summer while channel surfing with Ben playing games and I told Ben we had to watch it, but I mean a really long running show), and it kind-of became a part of our marriage. Now it's over. (Not our marriage. Just the show.)

Thanks for the memories, The Office. We will miss you!

No comments: