Awhile ago I read in the BYU Alumni magazine that Janice Kapp Perry (a very successful and well-known composer in our church) didn't write her first song until she was 38. And the only reason she wrote the song was because she broke her ankle and the TV was broken. I'm not joking!
I read this and I thought, "Hey- I'm only 34, I'm not dead yet!"
Well, today I turned 35 and I'm still alive and kicking!
Reading this article changed my perspective about many things. And one of them is the idea that because I'm now in my thirties it's too late to learn and develop new talents.
I have concluded that Satan tries to tell us that if you don't speak Mandarin by the time you are 4 or learn to play the piano at age 6, you can never excel at anything. That's not true! No matter our age we can always learn and develop!
I have no idea what the future holds. Or even what talents I want to develop. Maybe cake decorating. Maybe photography. Maybe writing. Who knows?
But I'm excited for what the future holds!
No comments:
Post a Comment