Thursday, October 10, 2013

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Tomorrow I am going away SANS kids to visit my family. All of my sisters and my mom are getting together to go to Women's Conference in Seattle. I am very excited to go- and I very much look forward to flying on an airplane without coloring books and fishy crackers. And poopy diapers and tantrumy kids. And read a book. Alone. Uninteruppted.

Did I mention I was excited about this trip?

Anyway, I told the girls that I was leaving in the morning and Audra burst into tears.

Me: Audra, I'm sorry that you are so sad. Why are you so sad?

Audra: Because I know how it feels when you go.

My heart rips open, even though she really doesn't know how it feels when I go- it's not like I leave her very often.

Audra: Do you know how I know how it feels?

Me: No, how does it feel?

Audra: Like I'm melting. My heart melts inside me.

Oy. Maybe I should cancel the trip.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Nicely played, Miss A.