A friend used the term "food porn" on FB and I thought it was hilarious. Ben did not- he hates the term. But, I like it and the terms fits with all the food we enjoyed while in Vegas, and since I am the one who writes the post I decided to use the term despite his protests.
Here is the food diary from our trip:
 |
| We got to the strip and got checked in around noon. We decided to just eat at the hotel- at Il Fornaio. |
 |
Ben had never been to The Hard Rock Cafe. We decided Vegas was the perfect place for him to try it out! We went to the older one not on the strip. We were basically the only people there- there was one other couple. We realized that Vegas life doesn't really start until about 10 PM, which is right when we go to bed. It worked out well for us, though, as there were no lines anywhere. Perfect.
Ben ordered an unbelievably delicious chicken mac and cheese- it was divine! I ordered their cheeseburger. |
 |
We got a fruit tart to take back to our hotel. It was deceptive. The crust was super hard- it wasn't as good as it looked. I suppose that is a metaphor for Vegas. But that is another topic altogether. |
 |
| On day 2 we ate breakfast crepes at 48th and Crepe inside NY NY. We really LOVE crepes! |
 |
| We ate lunch at The Venetian. Ben ordered a pizza, I ordered their meatball sandwich special. |
For dinner we knew we had to go to a buffet. We actually did a good job, I think, of not being too gluttonous. The buffet was the one and only time we really did stuff ourselves. We went to Le Village Buffet in Paris. They had more crepes (nice!), crab legs, a carvery, delicious salmon, some great desserts (my favorites were the macaroons), and lots, and lots, and lots more. We had walked over 26,000 steps so we were tired and hungry. We took our time and enjoyed ourselves. It was nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment