Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Party!

I know I have been posting a lot lately, but I really do want to write about all the things that have been happening. In reality, this blog is about much more than simply updating friends and family on what we are up to: It's a history of our family that will hopefully be read by generations, so I like to post about a lot of things- including the little things. I won't know and I won't be offended if you don't read all these posts- sometimes a little Christina can go a LONG ways!

Anyway, with that great introduction, today the girls were invited to a little Christmas party with one of their good friends. As mentioned earlier, we woke up to A LOT of snow- much more than we are accustomed to. When it snows, I cancel all plans and stay home. But I hated to cancel on this little party because when else would we squeeze it in before Christmas? I knew the mom had put in a lot of effort, so since Ben was going to work so late (because of all the snow he had to shovel) he took us to the party and then the mom who hosted the party took us home. It worked out great. But, the roads really were quite bad- I was glad I was not driving!

It was a small, simple, and perfect party- just Audra and Claire and A. They did a few crafts- they decorated some fairy wings and made a Christmas ornament. They danced to the Sugarplum Fairies, ate a lot, and PLAYED and PLAYED. Specifically, with princess dress-up clothes. It was fantastic- especially on a day that we would normally be stuck at home all day. The girls had such a wonderful time, and they all love each other so much. It was a fantastic day!







 The only way to get a picture of all three of them was to have them sit and watch TV- they all got jingle bells and then they watched a short jingle bell sing-a-long that they sang and jingled too. They LOVED it!

1 comment:

ferfischer said...

This is my kind of Christmas party - THREE kids. AWESOME. Glad you went out foor it, and I can attest - it was totally worth it, because we stayed home!