Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

When the family was here we made some gingerbread houses. This turned out so great, and the girls had so much fun! This is a tradition that I want to have for our family. Growing up we always made gingerbread houses, and it is one of my favorite memories. We will have one change, though:

We will be buying the gingerbread kits from Bed Bath and Beyond every year instead of using melted sugar and graham crackers! The kit made it SOOOOOOOOOO easy (though my friend said the train kit is a disaster, so I will avoid the train kit and stick to the Christmas Village kit which is tried and true). I was worried about the frosting, because I know you need a really strong frosting to hold the gingerbread together, and this was perfect. Plus, the kit came with all the candy, frosting, etc.- all for 8 bucks! How can you beat that?

These pictures are from MELISSA'S camera (thus causing all of my confusion and my lost camera as described in the post below):


 Notice the frosting on Claire's mouth. All the girls may have been sneaking some
goodies while we made them:





1 comment:

Kristin said...

Cute! I'm excited to do ours later this week. That is one of my favorite Christmas traditions too. And, half the fun is sneaking candy while you make them. :)