I told Audra this morning that today would be her last day with Sister M. as her Sunbeam teacher. Audra immediately started saying, "NO! I want her forever!" I was also upset.
(As a side note, we don't have primary or RS next week at church, just sacrament meeting. Last time Christmas was on a Sunday there was a letter read over the pulpit in my parent's ward from the First Presidency saying we should NOT cancel any meetings, we should hold church as usual. Our stake cancelled everything but sacrament then as well, which I thought was funny considering the letter I had personally heard read over the pulpit. Was a letter read to anybody else's ward saying we should hold all our meetings? I am just curious).
Anyway, I knew Sister M. had some amazing plans for the kiddos today. I know she has been in tears that this year is over- she loves these kids so much! But, she really went above and beyond (per usual).
She got a graduation hat for each kid that they got to take home. I almost cried when I picked her up and she was in her hat.
But it is when I saw this that I really got teary-eyed:
She made each child a book with pictures of the kids throughout the year, and a picture that they drew in class from almost every week. Then at the end is this picture:
Sister M. took it last week and it is so sweet- look at her smile!
The thing that is so unbelievable about this teacher is not all of the things she gives the kids- which is a lot, and is amazing. But, what is really great is that Sister M. has a genuine LOVE of each and every child. And not just on Sunday- every time we see Sister M. she lights up and gives Audra such a huge hug and tells Audra how much she loves her and how happy she is to see her. Audra feels that and knows it and she loves Sister M. just as well. If and when I am ever a primary teacher, I know that I can never replicate all of the THINGS that Sister M. does, but I do hope that I can replicate the pure love that she has for the kids. Audra has truly been blessed, and Sister M. will definitely be missed!
2 comments:
Wow! What a great teacher!
My bishop told me that they received a letter from the 1st pres. telling them to only have sacrament meeting.
And congrats on finding the camera! Yeah!
Thanks Mandy! I suppose it doesn't really matter either way, I just thought it was so funny last time. I'm glad apparently we are supposed to cancel classes:)
Post a Comment