Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas!

Audra got a lesson in patience this morning.

Even though we got home late last night, we expected the girls to get up at the same time. The girls always get up at the same time every morning anyway- staying up late does not mean sleeping in late. Except this morning. Normally they get up about 6:30. Today Audra came into our room at exactly 7:18 AM and whispered in my ear, "I think Santa came. I see a really BIG present downstairs!" I asked her if Claire was up. She said no. I told her we had to wait until Claire woke up and then we would go downstairs. She crawled into bed with me and hung out with us all the way until 8! Claire NEVER sleeps in that late! I guess last night really tuckered her out. Audra ran into her bedroom and said, "Claire, Santa came last night!" to which Claire responded, "Ohhhh!" Ben got the video camera and we let the girls go downstairs.

Per my family's tradition growing up, we start with the youngest person and then go up by age- taking turns so everybody can see what everybody got. With Claire's first present she said, "I don't know how to open it." I told her she could do it. And she did- I knew she would have no problems!

We had a great day. I will now let the pictures do the talking:
















 Ben loves this gift from my parents:
 This is the one and only gift Audra asked for: A music box. She has been asking for one for months, and was in heaven when she opened it.
 This dog turned out to be Claire's favorite gift:




Then, I made a nice brunch for us this morning. Ben's parents came over and it was really nice.
I have to say, I LOVE a good brunch!







By this point Audra did NOT want her picture taken anymore:


























Merry Christmas!

No comments: