Monday, December 12, 2011

End Of An Era

I lost my nice camera- I am really upset about this. I have looked everywhere, and I am really hoping Claire did not put it in the garbage that got trucked away today. I actually did a quick look in the garbage and didn't see it, so I am hoping it is not there, but I have NO idea where else to look. So my pics are not that great, and I am behind in my posts because I had some awesome pictures on that camera that I can't post. Sigh.

But that is not the era that is ending (hopefully. I am still hoping I find the camera).

For the past several years, it has been our tradition to go and see the most amazing Christmas house of all time. We went again for what we discovered will be the last time. There was a sign at the house saying that after 29 years, this will be the last year that they will be having their house decorated for Christmas. I almost cried. Of course we understand- they are an older retired couple and this house obviously takes a TON of work. But we will miss this tradition. Next year we will have to find another house and begin another tradition.

So here are the last pictures of our favorite house. Well, it's not really of the house, but of us at the house:

 Claire was so cute- she LOVED the house. She kept running from display case to display case saying "OHHH!!!!" Everybody loved how cute she was.



 This is the picture we take every year- the family in front of the house. I was looking forward to years of having this same picture taken as we watch our family grow. But, alas, this will be our last one. Sob, sob.
Hopefully I will find my camera and post more of our holiday festivities soon. Any of you have any ideas of where it could be?!?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm sorry you lost your camera! :( I thought I lost mine and ended up finding it in my purse. I hope you find it! That is sad they aren't going to be decorating that house anymore. It looks pretty cool. I hope you find another one to carry on the tradition.

Brittney Engel said...

Hey I've been to that house too! That is sad they aren't doing it anymore.